Is looking and feeling good too much to ask?
Are you someone who has tried (what seems like) every diet and every type of workout and are still not seeing the scale budge?
Maybe the scale moves a little but sustained weight loss seems impossible no matter what diet you follow or how many times a week you hit the gym. What if there was a way to figure out what type of eating was best for you, combined with the right type of exercise? When it comes to weight loss, there is now science and research to validate the use of genetic testing for even more precise individualization of weight loss.
We all know that genes determine physical traits such as eye and hair color. Genes can also provide information on how the body is able to process different foods and nutrients, as well as how we use energy for exercise. Our genetic makeup is important in determining our ability to lose weight. Genes can determine resistance to weight loss, how well the body is able to process carbohydrates, and how sensitive it is to the amount of fat and protein we eat. Genes can also determine how much body fat can be lost doing cardiovascular exercise, lifting weights, or strength training.
GxSlim is a scientifically based weight management program that assesses specific gene segments in order to provide optimal dietary and exercise recommendations for each individual. The test is easily performed in our office with a simple cheek swab. Our physicians will review the results with you and put together a customized plan to optimize weight loss and improve overall health and well-being. Now you can have a customized weight loss program with genetic knowledge.
- We all have a unique DNA which falls in to a specific genotype
- Your genotype determines how your body processes food and burns fat
- Technology has evolved to offer exciting gene therapies to fight disease
- There is now a genetic test that shows you your genotype and allows you to see what weight loss and exercise options should work based on your specific genetic makeup
Genetic Testing Traits
When the lab results come back, we analyze four categories:
- Your ability to lose weight
- Macronutrients in your diet
- Micronutrients in your diet
- Your body’s particular response to types of exercise
These targeted categories can be directly related to your ability to lose weight from diet and exercise based on the genetic findings.
The GxSlim test kit includes:
- DNA collection kit
- Laboratory analysis of your DNA sample – 48 genetic markers
- Online interactive GxSlim report
- Analysis of 16 genetic traits related to weight loss
- Food recommendations, including macronutrient breakdown and caloric needs
- Nutrient recommendations, including supplement suggestions
- Exercise recommendations, including cardio and strength training
- Supporting scientific research
- Printable PDF version of GxSlim report
- Online health content (videos, articles, recipes, etc.) targeted to you based on your genetic profile
When the genetic testing is complete you will learn how your body processes micronutrients and macronutrients so that an exact diet program can be developed targeting the types of foods your body processes the best. The test will reveal what method of exercise is optimal for your exact genotype to lose weight and keep it off.