Bremelanotide also known as PT 141 and Vyleesi has been shown to have a substantial effect on libido, generating sexual arousal in both men and women within minutes of administration.
Benefits of PT Bremelanotide:
- Results. More women reported moderate or high sexual desire following bremelanotide (Vyleesi) treatment vs. placebo.
- Among women who attempted sexual intercourse within 24 hours after treatment, significantly more were satisfied with their level of sexual arousal following bremelanotide, compared with placebo.
- Effects may be felt up to 12 hours from the time of administration and have been known to last for up to 3 days, diminishing each day.
- Bremelanotide has been shown to have significant results on male test patients, with what is described as “intense” and “frequent” erections lasting between 2-6 hours.
- For women, sexual arousal has been experienced in a varied range of minutes to weeks
- Bremelanotide was developed from the peptide hormone Melanotan II
- Effective in treating sexual dysfunction in men - impotence / erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Effective in treating sexual dysfunction in women - sexual arousal disorder, generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD)
- Does not act upon the vascular system
- Increases sexual desire via the central nervous system
Bremelanotide (Vyleesi/PT 141) was developed from Melanotan II, targeting its aphrodisiac effects. This peptide has been shown to have a substantial effect on libido, generating sexual arousal in both men and women within minutes of administration. It has been shown to be effective in treating erectile dysfunction, even in men who have not responded to other ED treatments, such as Viagra and Cialis and female sexual arousal and orgasmic disorders as well as generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD). The FDA approved bremelanotide under the name Vyleesi in 2019.
This peptide is also able to cross the blood-brain-barrier, bypassing the vascular system and acting at the level of the central nervous system. This property gives bremelanotide an advantage over traditional ED drugs, which can decrease blood pressure to dangerous levels.